Contact / What to Bring

New Bern VITA

Call: 252-772-5245


Or use the message box below. Thanks!

What to bring:

  • Proof of Identification (Photo ID). For you and your spouse

  • Copy of Social Security Cards for all taxpayers and dependents on tax return. Copies can be made at the site.

  • A Social Security Benefit Statement (Form SSA-1099) or letter from the Social Security Administration by be used as a substitute Social Security card.

  • A signed copy of the Virtual Consent (Form 14446)

  • A completed Intake/Interview Sheet (Form 13614-C)

  • 2019 tax paperwork including items like if applicable:

    • Wage and earnings statements (Form W-2, W-2G. 1099-R, 1099-Misc)

    • Documentation of cash income.

    • Interest and dividend statements (Form 1099-INT, 1099-DIV).

    • Health Insurance Market Place Statement (Form 1095-A).

    • Tuition Statement (Form 1098-T).

    • Expenses and car business mileage if you are self-employed.

    • Total paid to daycare provider, including provider’s Tax Identification Number or Social Security Number

    • Amount of estimated taxes paid to Federal or State Government.

  • 2018 Federal and State tax return and tax paperwork, including 2018 Intake/Interview Sheet (white).

  • Proof of bank routing and account numbers (old or voided check)

  • Letters from IRS (including Identity Theft PIN) if applicable.